New updates and improvements. Your feedback is always welcome!
Email: [email protected]
September 14, 2022
Global admins can now export all data from their Worksphere organization in a secure, downloadable .zip archive file. This archive provides a backup of all information entered in Worksphere, or can be used to import data into third-party systems.
Data Export is available now for all organizations in the Settings tab. Visit our Data Export help article to learn more.
July 18, 2022
You can now add the co-workers who you look up most frequently to your Favorites list on the Schedules page
- Admins, managers and employees can now add coworkers to their Favorites by clicking on the star icon next to that employee’s name on the Schedules page.
- Favorited employees appear at the top of the employee lists on the Schedule page. If you apply filters, your favorite employees who match the filters will appear first.
- Your favorite list is not visible to others, and adding a person to your favorites does not notify them.
July 11, 2022
Outlook and Google Calendar Integration
Worksphere has launched a new integration with Outlook and Google calendars. With this integration your team will be able to:
- See their in-office schedules as events on their work calendars
- More easily access see their seat on the floorplan, edit their schedule, or opt-out from the calendar event
- Improve schedule accuracy through better visibility.
For more information on how the integration works, please see our article on Employee Settings | Calendar Integration.
This integration requires your organization be on a Premium or Enterprise plan, or to have included calendar integration as an add-on to your plan. If you’re not sure if your organization has this set up, please reach out to support at [email protected]
July 4, 2022
Employee Visitor Invites
You can now configure your Visitor Management system so employees can invite visitors and have access to the visitor logs for visits where they are the host.
- Admins can enable employees to invite visitors (Settings > Visitors > Toggle ‘Employee visitor invites’ ON)
- Admins can designate the office locations where employees can invite guests to visit.
- Employees can access the visit log and invite their own visitors from the log. They can also see the past and invited visitors that they are hosting.
- Admins now have the ability to delete employees from the employee detail page.
- We resolved a bug that showed past Department or Team names that no longer have any employees assigned to them.
June 20, 2022
Global and Workplace Admins can now send invites to visitors in advance of their scheduled office visit. Visitor invites improve the sign-in process for expected guests to your office. With invites, you can send a custom message for each office location, alert your team of expected guests, and speed up the sign-in process – all in one easy step.
- Invited visitors receive an invitation email.
- We’ve added the ability to customize a default message for each office location in your Visitor Settings page. You can include any informaiton visitors would need prior to their visit (i.e. parking, building entry, contact info, etc). This message can edited prior to sending the invite to each visitor.
- Invited visitors can be checked-in from the Visit Log or do a touch-free self-check-in from the QR code.
Read more about Visitor Invites in our Help Center article on Sending and configuring visitor invites
Visitor Screening now sent in advance
You can now send the visitor screening questions in advance of their visit to your office to confirm that they are symptom-free before entering your offices.
- In your Settings > Visitor page in the ‘Visitor screening’ section you can choose for the email to be sent 12 or 24 hours in advance of the visit.
- If the invite is sent after that time, the initial invite will include the symptom screening.
- If the visitor does not complete this before their visit, they will be asked to complete the screening questions at check-in.
June 10, 2022
Mobile App Improvements
Quickly navigate to the home and schedules screens from the new tab bar at the bottom of the screen. We’ve also improved Android camera support, so that you can take a picture to upload documents or vaccination proof across any Android device.
Along with other visual improvements and bug fixes, we’ve fixed an issue where you could get stuck on some screens if temporarily offline.
Visitor Notification Settings
Admins can configure new settings on who should be notified when a visitor checks in, or when a visitor fails their screening questions.
- An issue affecting some versions of Outlook where images to download the Worksphere app appeared way too big is fixed.
May 16, 2022
You can now set up screening questions for office visitors to complete as part of the visitor check-in process. You can find directions for enabling health screening in our Help Center.
- We’ve added links to download our mobile app to all emails and the mobile website to improve accessibility for employees.
- We’ve added a ‘Personal’ tab in your Settings to differentiate all-organization settings from your personal settings.
May 9, 2022
Worksphere Mobile App Launch
We have launched our mobile apps for iOS and Android! The app is designed for employee users. We don’t currently support admin features like viewing reports or changing office settings. Employees can use the mobile app to schedule office time, reserve or change your seat, complete wellness surveys, and see who else is in the office.To access the mobile app:
- Schedules Page: we released some user interface improvements on the Schedules page on filters.
- Visitor Management: Visit logs now display times relative to the office location. The employee directory is no longer limited to those employees assigned to the office location where the visit is taking place.
April 25, 2022
Visitor Management Beta Release
We have launched visitor management! You can find directions for setting up visitor management for your office in our Help Center.
- A QR code can be downloaded for each of your office locations. You can display this QR code anywhere you expect visitors to enter your office. You can find a template here.
- Visitors can scan it and check themselves in after entering visit details.
- The employee hosting the visitor will receive an email notification that their visitor has arrived once they’ve checked in.
- Admins have access to a comprehensive visitors log and filter them based off of office, date, and their visit purpose. Admins can check-in their visitors manually from the Visitor log.
New Look for Schedules and Schedule Filter Functionality
- We’ve improved the look and functionality of your Schedules page. Your own schedule is pinned to the top and is always visible to you.
- The filters (e.g. office, team) now only apply to the schedules of others. This means if an employee has schedules in different offices for the week, you’ll be able to view which office they are in using the filters.
April 15, 2022
- You can now add AstraZeneca vaccination doses when updating your vaccination record, from the Safety tab on Settings. For admins with health and safety or global access, you can find this on the vaccination record tab when editing an employee.
April 11, 2022
Workplace Admin Seat Access
Workplace admins now have access to adjust other employee’s seat assignments on their schedules.
We’ve updated our pricing to active user pricing for all new plans. Current clients on legacy pricing with >80 active users a month will now save money by switching to one of our new plans.
- We fixed a bug where all employees could be selected using the ‘Select All’ checkmark on the Employees page, even while filtered. We also added copy indicating how many employees you are deleting if you have multiple employees selected. This change will prevent accidental deletion or re-sending invites to employees in the system.
- We made some improvements to the functionality of vaccine records.
March 23, 2022
You can now restrict access to vaccine information and reporting to a limited group of Admin users based on their role. There are now 3 types of admin roles available. You can set admins to one or multiple admin roles:
- Global Admins: All current admins are set as global admins. Universal access to all admin features.
- Workplace Admins: Access to offices, employee directory management, scheduling, and survey results. No access to billing, admin management, health & safety settings, or vaccine records.
- Health & Safety Admins: Access to vaccine records, reports, surveys, and all health & safety settings. No access to employee scheduling or editing office locations.
You can now set an “exemption” status when enabling vaccine record collection for individual employees.
- ‘Exempt’ employees will not be prompted to enter their vaccine details.
- You’ll be able to record a reason for the exemption and see this status on all vaccine record reports.
- If restrict scheduling to vaccinated employees only is enabled, exempt employees will not be able to schedule in office.
February 21, 2022
Vaccination Record Update
We’ve updated our Vaccine Record Tracking feature to help you and your team keep up-to date with regulatory requirements and automatically gather the information you need from your employees.
What will this do?
- Gather more detailed information about your team member’s vaccines, including type, date, and healthcare provider.
- Record and track booster doses.
- Improve vaccine reports so you can filter by each vaccine date, whether team members have received booster doses, and partial vs. full vaccination.
- Update attestation wording to meet new OSHA standards.
Existing users that have already submitted their vaccine record won’t need to make any changes unless their admins would like for them to update their records. The next time they edit their record, the system will prompt them to update the information with additional details.
To update or access and existing vaccine record, users can navigate to Settings > Wellness and click ‘Edit’ under My Vaccination Record.
- You’ll notice a new tab on your employee detail page separating vaccination information from other employee details. This is the first step in adding separate admin permissions for viewing this documentation.
- A bug that was preventing users from seeing both Zone name and user seating reservations was fixed.
January 21, 2022
Toggle Proof of Vaccination per Office
You can now toggle whether proof of vaccination pictures are required on a per-office basis. This makes it easy to comply with state and local regulations that may restrict asking for proof of vaccination, whereas other locations mandate proof of vaccination.
An issue where the Employees section could appear blank after resending employee invites has been fixed. We’ve also made some big changes under the hood to keep our user interface up to date and looking great!
January 9, 2022
Wellness Survey Emails
Wellness survey emails have been updated to let recipients know exactly when their survey should be completed by.
Schedule Editor Responsiveness
We’ve improved the responsiveness of the schedule editor by adding preview placeholders to indicate when seats have begun and finished loading.
December 18, 2021
We’ve changed the layout of the survey answer buttons to make it easier for users to answer questions when using mobile devices. We also squashed a bug in the survey builder that in certain circumstances would link multiple questions to the same answer.
December 15, 2021
Security Update on Log4j CVE-2021-44228
December 12, 2021
Seats Show as Unavailable when at Capacity
As an employee, once limited capacity is reached desks no longer show as bookable on the office map when selecting a seat. Previously they could still be selected but could not be booked. Now, you’ll see the seat is unavailable and a tooltip that the space is at capacity.
- If you try to create a schedule when there’s no seat available, pressing the Seat button accidentally showed a blank map. Instead, it will now let you know you need to select another office/floor to see other available seats.
- For admins, we’ve fixed an issue where the wellness survey editor save button was disabled if a question was removed until a change to another question was made.
December 2, 2021
Block Unvaccinated Employees from the Office
Employee safety is always a top priority. With new local and national regulations for workplace vaccine mandates, and COVID-19 cases again on the rise, Worksphere wants to make it as easy as possible to manage vaccination guidelines in your offices. We’ve added an optional update to our vaccination tracking feature that only allows fully vaccinated employees to schedule in the office.
What will this do?
- Your team can attest to their vaccination status and you can require them to upload proof of vaccination.
- You can restrict in-office scheduling to employees that have set their status as ‘Fully Vaccinated’ (and uploaded proof of vaccination, if required), and block employees whose status is ‘Unknown’ or ‘Not Vaccinated’.
- Here are the directions for setting this up.
Do you need to do anything? If you’d like to set this up for your account, head to your Settings > Wellness. Under Vaccine Records toggle ‘Restrict Scheduling’ to the ‘On’ position.
What will employees see?
Employees will be prompted to input their vaccination status on their dashboard when they first log in. For employees that have not yet completed this step, they’ll see a message prompting them to complete or edit their vaccination record when they try to create a schedule.
Will this impact existing schedules?
No, this will only impact new schedules or schedule changes. As an admin, you always have the ability to remove employees from schedules if they do not meet requirements.
You’ve been tracking vaccination status elsewhere. Can you add those records into Worksphere?
Yes, once you turn on the vaccine record tracking feature you can update your employee list by importing a CSV with updated vaccination status information. You can follow the instructions here under “Admin Vaccination Upload.” If you need help with this, feel free to reach out and we can help walk you through it.
We have launched Directory Sync integrations to automatically import your employees from your HRIS system into Worksphere. We support numerous HRIS systems, head to the Settings > Integrations page to learn more.
- Phone numbers and employee emails are now displayed in both the Employees in Office and Contact Tracing reports.
- Explanatory UI feedback is provided when a user tries to edit a schedule they do not have permission to.
November 21, 2021
Wellness Survey CSV
Administrators can now download a CSV of employee wellness survey results to use in a spreadsheet.
- Wellness survey failure notification emails to administrators now include the manager email for the employee.
- We’ve fixed an issue where markers on floor maps sometimes were slightly cut off.
- The full employee name is shown when clicking on a marker for an assigned seat in Organize Seats mode.
October 31, 2021
Happy Halloween! 👻
Weekly and Monthly Chart Options
We’ve added Weekly and Monthly chart options to the Employees In-Office report, so administrators can more easily see employee office usage trends over time:
- After creating or editing a schedule from the schedules section, we’ll take you back to show the same week of schedules you were previously looking at, with the same filters. The filters and active week are no longer reset. That way, you can continue from wherever you left off on the schedules overview.
- We’ve fixed up a minor visual issue where the Employees by Weekday chart’s min and max bars appeared strangely in some cases.
October 18, 2021
Duplicate Schedule Notifications
When creating or updating a schedule, we now alert you if any participant has existing schedules in the same location that overlaps with the schedule you are editing (or any of its future recurrences, if applicable). This change should help prevent accidentally double booking for the same day in your office. You may still proceed to create the overlapping schedule if you choose and we will not prevent you from doing so.
A banner now appears at the top of the schedule alerting you to those with overlapping schedules. Additionally, those participants will have a warning beneath their name on the schedule, which you can click to view their overlapping schedules.
After completing all of your Worksphere setup tasks as an organization admin, the landing page now automatically navigates to your dashboard instead of the empty task list.
You can now quickly view location details about any schedule on the schedules page. Hovering any schedule on the calendar will display a small popover dialog that includes the location reserved for that participant.
We’ve also added links to each employee’s name on the left side of the calendar, so you can easily view or edit that employee’s record when needed.
- After hearing your feedback, we’ve rolled back a recent change to the floor map editor which had added assigned employee names to the seat labels on the map. You can still see who is assigned to each seat by viewing the right hand panel within the map editor.
- We’ve added some hints to the employee form to indicate which fields are required to save your employee, and which fields are needed to send an email invitation to your employee.
- You can now search the employees page and the employees-in-office report by seat names.
September 27, 2021
Vaccination Status Report
If your organization uses the vaccination tracking feature, you can now view vaccination statistics about your organization with the new Vaccination Status Report. Within this new report, you can:
- See a chart displaying the percentages of employees who have reported they are 1) fully vaccinated, 2) unvaccinated, or 3) have not yet reported their vaccination status.
- View a table summarizing each employee’s vaccination status, including the date of their final dose, the date they reported their status, and links to photos of their uploaded vaccination cards.
- In the floor map editor, employee names now link to their employee record for easy viewing and updating.
- When changing seats for a schedule, selecting a new office now automatically selects the first floor (alphabetically) of the new office. Previously, the displayed floor map did not update until a new floor was selected, even though the office had changed.
- We’ve improved the experience of updating employee email addresses. Now, updating an email address automatically sends a Worksphere invitation to the updated address, and the updated address is connected to your organization when the invitation is accepted.
- We’ve fixed a schedule editor bug which would revert your changes to the end date input field during certain conditions.
August 28, 2021
Assigned Employees on Floorplans
The floor plan editor now shows employee names in the seat list for people with assigned seats, so that you can easily see who is assigned each seat.
- We’ve squashed an issue where the weekly schedules calendar sometimes showed extra lines, blank spaces, or cutoff rows when people had multiple schedules on a day
- Contact tracing is fixed for cases where the traced employee was scheduled in multiple different office locations over the traced dates
August 14, 2021
This is a big release! 🎉 We’re launching our top customer-requested feature, interactive floor plans. With this new tool you can:
- See at a glance where team members are seated in the office, and who’s in office each day
- Select which flexible seat to reserve from the floor plan
- Admins can create assigned seats, flexible hotel desks, and blocked desks for social distancing
- Seats can be grouped into zones to designate dedicated areas for employees or teams to reserve
This feature is available now to new customers, and rolling out to existing customers in phases. Contact [email protected]phere.com to learn more!
July 27, 2021
We have launched Vaccination Tracking. This optional feature allows admins to invite employees to report their vaccination status.
When you enable vaccination records for your organization, employees are notified on their Worksphere dashboard and may report their vaccination status, dates, and optionally upload images of their CDC vaccination record card. Admins can also save vaccination records for employees if they have that information. With this feature, you can track vaccination rates across all of your office locations.
- Now, you can view your average and maximum office occupancy by location and over any time period. You can view this new report from your Reports page
June 13, 2021
You can now integrate your Worksphere organization with Slack! Connect to receive Slack messages for wellness surveys and upcoming days in office. You can set up this integration by visiting the Integrations tab on your Settings page, then clicking “connect” beneath the Slack logo.
May 2, 2021
Choose your Office Location and Zone
We’ve updated in-office scheduling so your employees can select which office location and area they are working from. This will enable your employees to switch their seating assignment from their assigned seating zone to any other zone that is flexible and has capacity.
Apr 28, 2021
Worksphere now supports Microsoft ADFS for SAML. We’ve also squashed a few internal issues plus minor bugs related to free trials, including possible accidental $0 invoices sent in some cases after free trial expiration.
Apr 10, 2021
Capacity Utilization Report
You can now view your office capacity usage by month as well as by day in the capacity utilization report.
- We’ve improved the responsiveness of the calendar page. Up-to-the-minute schedule changes and updates are now reflected more quickly.
- Creating multi-day schedules now requires using the Recurring Schedule option. This let us speed up reports and makes it so creating and updating a multi-day schedule both work the same way—but if you miss how it worked before, we’d love to hear your feedback!
Mar 28, 2021
Floor Map Improvements
Viewing a floor map from the Employee Dashboard will now open the map in a dialog rather than a new browser tab.
Mar 9, 2021
Limited Capacity Improvements
Limited Capacity settings are now more flexible and can be set independently on Office, Floor and Zone levels.
We are adding the ability to connect external HR systems to Worksphere. This lets you sync employees from your HR system into Worksphere. You can request an integration from your Settings page, and we’ll be in touch set it up!
Feb 26, 2021
Organization admins can now view a dashboard of their own upcoming schedules and wellness surveys. Admins can view their dashboard by clicking the Dashboard tab on the landing page.
- Every email you receive from Worksphere now conveniently links to your personal dashboard.
Feb 15, 2021
Organizations can now attach Floor Maps when configuring their Office. To add Floor Maps to an existing Office, click Edit on the Office and navigate to the Floor Maps setup step.
Employees will see a link to the Floor Map on their Dashboard in the Today and Tomorrow cards.
- Wellness survey emails now link to the Schedule to allow an Employee to easily opt-out.
Jan 30, 2021
Retake Wellness Surveys
If a wellness survey is submitted incorrectly the employee can now retake it. Press Retake Survey at the bottom of the results card.
If a survey is retaken, administrators see an asterisk next to the survey result with details. Email notifications for survey results are now on a 5 minute delay to allow employees to retake before a notification is sent.
- Upcoming days on the employee dashboard have a better card layout on mobile devices, along with a few other visual fixes.
- It’s now easer to login when clicking emails from Worksphere. Your email will be prefilled on the login form to sign in.
- Organizations using SSO can restrict what sign in options are shown to users. For example, an organization can turn off Login with Google for their company and only show their company supported SSO.
Jan 25, 2021
When employees log into Worksphere they’ll now see a dashboard of upcoming days in-office and can quickly take their wellness survey.
Organizations can now customize their wellness survey with their own health screening questions. Admins can find the survey editor under the Settings screen.
The Settings screen now also lets you adjust the email notifications you receive. The new default is to only receive notifications for your own schedules (that you create), and for schedules that an admin or manager creates (with you on the schedule). Admins and managers can enable additional notifications for people they manage or the entire organization.
- We’ve changed how creating non-recurring schedules spanning multiple days works, so that it creates a recurring event per day instead of a single event spanning days. This way you can opt-out or delete a single day. We’re planning additional improvements to make this more intuitive.
- Email subjects for admin notifications now include the date and employee the notification is about.
- You can no longer delete a Floor if employees are assigned to it.
Jan 10, 2021
We’ve improved the experience for organizations using Okta SAML-based Single Sign On (SSO). Opening Worksphere from Okta now takes employees directly into the Worksphere app. When employees accept email invites to join Worksphere they no longer see a password prompt, since it is unused for SSO.
- In Worksphere emails clicking anywhere on a button now works, instead of just the words.
- You can now click View Employees from the capacity report to see who is in-office.
- Fixed floor and zone filters to consistently filter out data on all reports.
- Fixed date formatting in wellness survey emails to no longer show lefthand zeros.
Jan 2, 2021
Wellness Survey List
Organization admins can review who’s scheduled in-office alongside whether or not they’ve completed a Wellness Survey for the day.
Office Capacity Utilization
We’ve added charts of current office capacity, scheduled employee count over time, plus a detailed Office Capacity Utilization data report.
Employee Opt Out
You can now opt-out of schedules. It’s a great way to let people know you won’t be in for a scheduled day, or to opt-out for all days forward. You can also opt back in as needed.
- An issue updating schedules for offices nearing their capacity limit is fixed. It incorrectly warned there was no capacity.
Dec 19, 2020
Wellness surveys are now available to everyone, under the Survey tab in the app. The questions are CDC recommended COVID-19 Screening Questions, but if you’d like your own let us know at [email protected]
Dec 16, 2020
Wellness Survey Beta
A closed beta of wellness surveys is now available. This automatically emails a wellness survey link to people scheduled in-office, and reminds them to fill it out if they forget. We will roll out additional features in the weeks ahead for admins to review who did not complete the survey, see an overview of pass / fail outcomes, and customize surveys.
Worksphere does not store or transmit any individual question answers. Only the outcome on whether or not a person can come into the office is saved. This allows your organization to stay compliant with privacy regulations.
- In-app cookie notification will no longer briefly flash onscreen before login / signup screens.
Dec 10, 2020
We’re thrilled to announce the public launch of Worksphere! Thanks to all of our customers in our closed beta, and we hope you join them in creating a safe and flexible workplace. Learn Why We Created Worksphere and sign up for a free trial today.